Choose a topic to see a list of related links.
*All links open in a new window.*
World Book Web
You get access to databases like:
World Book Online Info Finder
World Book Online Reference Center
World Book Online For Kids
Early World of Learning
Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos
World Book Discover
Find information on People, Places, Sports and Hobbies, Arts, World Religions, Science and Mathematics,
Plants, and Animals. Play games, find Science Projects, Maps and much, much more!
General Info and Facts
History and Social Studies
Live Homework Help®
Got Homework? This free service lets you chat one-on-one with live tutors for help in Math, Science, Social Studies, and English!
This service is available from 2 PM -11 PM daily. For students in all grades and adult learners. Live Homework Help® is a registered trademark of Tutor.com.
Global Road Warrior
Here you will find information on Society and Culture, Women, Religion,
Sports, Food and Recipes, Demographics, Money and Banking, Travel, Points of
Interest, Security, Health, Communications, Technical and Electrical, and
Internet Essential Terms for 175 Countries! You will also find 12,000 photos
and 1,575 maps!
Language and Literature
Indiana students can search over 2 dozen databases for information from newspapers, magazines, encyclopedias, and other reference resources.
A to Z the USA
50 U.S. States
5 U.S. Territories and D.C.
156 Data Categories
Land and Energy
Society and Culture
Find information on a State's Bird, Flower, Song, or Flag. Find climate and weather information, Historic Timelines, information on Governors,
U.S. Senators and Representatives and a whole lot more!
Art and Music
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology's Homework Hotline provides free math and science homework help to Indiana students in grades 6-12 from 7
PM to 10 PM. Call toll free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE.
Attention Dearborn County students!
Looking for resources for a school project on local history?
Check out our
Local History Resources!
- ALA Great Web Sites for Kids
- The American Library Association provides links to many great web sites on a variety of topics.
- "Do We" Really Know Dewey?
- Learn all about the Dewey Decimal System in a site created by kids for the ThinkQuest Junior contest.
- Fact Monster
- An encyclopedia, almanac, dictionary, thesaurus, atlas, and biography reference just for kids!
Find brief information on all sorts of topics, including people, places, things and events.
- FirstGov For Kids
- Find links to government and other kids' sites -- grouped by age and subject. Explore, learn, and have fun!
- Homework Spot
- A free homework information portal that features the very best K-12 homework-related sites together
in one spot.
- Internet Picture Dictionary
- A completely free, online multilingual picture dictionary designed especially for ESL students and beginning English, French, German, Spanish and Italian language learners of all ages.
- KidSpace at IPL
- KidSpace at the Internet Public Library (IPL) provides links to all sorts of great web sites for kids, parents, and teachers. Can't find what you are looking for? Use the Ask a Question resource.
- Sometimes it can be hard to find good web sites on the Internet. This is a great place to start. Created by librarians, KidsClick! is an Internet guide especially for kids.
- Merriam-Webster Online
- Look up quick definitions in the dictionary, find synonyms and antonyms in the thesaurus, or translate between Spanish and English in the Spanish-English Dictionary.
- World Almanac for Kids
- The World Almanac for Kids provides kids with the information they crave on thousands of subjects.
Return to top
- All Science Fair Projects
- Science Fair Projects for all levels. Search or browse hundreds of ideas for every science topic, from Astronomy to Zoology!
- Bill Nye the Science Guy
- Bill Nye the Science Guy makes learning about science fun, and shows you neat science experiments you can try at home.
- Biology 4 Kids
- Find information on cell structure, cell function, scientific studies, plants, vertebrates, invertebrates, and other life science topics.
- Chem 4 Kids
- It's not just for kids, it's for everyone. Find information on matter, atoms, elements, the periodic table, reactions, and biochemistry.
- Cosmos 4 Kids
- Learn all about astronomy and the study of space. Find information on the universe, galaxies, stars, the solar system, and more.
- How Stuff Works
- Learn how everything works! From car engines to search engines, from cell phones to stem cells, and thousands of subjects in between, HowStuffWorks has it covered.
- Inventors and Inventions
- Find information about inventors and inventions using the timelines or by searching by name or invention. You can also find a list of inventions created by a specific group of people (such as women, African-Americans, and Native Americans).
- Science Fair Project Resource Guide
- If you've never done a science fair project before, DON'T PANIC! The Internet Public Library's Science Fair Project Resource Guide will help you through the whole project by guiding you to a variety of excellent web resources.
- This site is from the animal magazine, Zoobooks, but you can enjoy it without a subscription. Find out tons of information about your favorite animals, like what and how they hunt, where they live, even what they sound like! There are also fun games and activities.
Return to top
- A+ Math
- Visit the game room and play exciting games like Matho and Hidden Picture. Create and print your own flashcards to test your math skills.
- Kids Bank
- A tutorial website brought to you by Sovereign Bank that explains the fundamentals of money and banking to children.
- Lemonade Stand
- Have you ever wondered if you would be good at running your own business? Well here is your chance! You now have your very own lemonade stand and 30 days to try and make some money.
- Math Baseball
- Play as you learn! Earn runs for every problem you get right in addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division.
- Math in Daily Life
- Explore how math can help us in our daily lives. Look at the language of numbers through common situations, such as playing games or cooking.
- Maths Dictionary
- An animated, interactive dictionary for students which explains over 500 common mathematical terms in simple language.
- Enough math can make anyone nutty! Get help with your math problems, both simple and advanced. NumberNut uses simple explanations, along with games and activities to make learning fun!
- Webmath not only solves your math problems, it shows the steps taken to reach the solution. Types of problems include everyday math, polynomials, units conversions, and quadratic equations.
- World of Measurement
- An introduction to measurement for upper elementary students. Come learn about length, mass, temperature, time, and volume.
Return to top
- A Biography of America
- View American history as a living narrative. This series web site lets you delve further into the topics of the 26 accompanying video programs, with images, interactive maps and timelines.
- Country at a Glance
- View statistics about United Nations Member States- one at a time. Learn about the economy, environment, health, technology, and
latest news from each country.
- Distinguished Women of Past and Present
- This site has biographies of women who contributed to our culture in many different ways. There are writers, educators, scientists, heads of state, politicians, civil rights crusaders, artists, entertainers, and others. Search by name or subject.
- Eyewitness to History
- Your ringside seat to history - from the Ancient World to the present. History through the eyes of those who lived it.
- HyperHistory Online
- View 3000 years of history and see how different aspects relate to one another using lifelines, timelines, and maps.
- Invention Dimension
- Invention Dimension is a fun-filled and at times wacky approach to making learning about invention exciting for the kid in all of us. Have some fun with our invention games and explore the wealth of inventor and invention resources, including inventor profiles and patent guidelines.
- Kids' Indiana
- Information for kids and their families about Indiana -- including facts, government, history and more!
- Stately Knowledge
- These web pages will help you find out the basic facts of any state in the Union, including Washington, D.C. Need to know the capital of Alabama? Want to know which hockey teams are in California? How about the size of Montana? All that information is here -- and more!
- Time Warp Trio
- This site features information and games associated with the kid's book series and the television show, "Time Warp Trio" featured on Discovery Kids Channel. Kids can learn history and play games at the same time.
- Walk Through Time
- A history web site for 7-9 year olds from the BBC. Play games, explore the timeline, or print out activities. Make learning about history fun!
Return to top
- American Folklore
- This folklore site contains retellings of American folktales, Native American myths and legends, tall tales, weather folklore and ghost stories from each and every one of the 50 United States. You can read about all sorts of famous characters like Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill, Daniel Boone, and many more.
- Book Adventure
- Book Adventure is a FREE reading motivation program for children in grades K-8. Children create their own book lists from over 7,000 recommended titles, take multiple choice quizzes on the books they've read, and earn points and prizes for their literary successes.
- BookHive is a web site designed for children ages birth through twelve, their parents, teachers or anyone interested in reading about children's books. Providing reader's advisory service, this site contains hundreds of recommended book reviews in a variety of reading levels and interest areas. Users can search for books by author, title, reading level, interest area, number of pages, and even favorite illustrator.
- Children's Books Online: The Rosetta Project
- An online library of illustrated antique books from around the world.
- Illustrated Children's Classics
- Classic stories and rhymes for children. Includes illustrated Mother Goose nursery rhymes, fables, fairy tales and other stories.
- Encyclopedia Mythica
- The award-winning internet encyclopedia of mythology, folklore, and religion. Search mythology from
various regions around the world. The Folklore section contains general folklore, Arthurian legends, and fascinating folktales from many lands.
- Kids Mysteries
- Mysteries to solve, scary stories, and magic tricks.
- Kidsreads is the best place on the web for kids to find info about their favorite books, series and authors. Reviews of the newest titles, interviews with the coolest authors and special features on great books are our specialties. And for even more reading fun we have trivia games, word scrambles and awesome contests!
- This site is devoted to the heroes, gods and monsters of Greek mythology.
Return to top
- The guide to great art on the Internet. Search works of art, artists,
and museums to find references to sites on the World Wide Web where artists' works can be viewed online..
- Art Safari
- Art Safari invites you and your child to explore the painting and sculpture collection of The Museum of Modern Art. This site encourages learning about art by looking and sharing interpretations.
You can also make your own art, or view the artwork of other ArtSafari visitors.
- DLTK's Crafts for Kids
- DLTK's Crafts for Kids features a variety of fun, printable children's crafts, coloring pages and more including projects for holidays, educational themes and favorite cartoon characters.
- Enchanted Learning Crafts
- These crafts projects use materials found around the house, like egg cartons, cardboard, paper, boxes, string, crayons, paint, glue, etc.
- Imagination Factory
- Teaches children and their caregivers creative ways to recycle by making art. Visitors learn dozens of inexpensive ways to create art and crafts as they help save the environment. The lessons and activities include drawing, painting, sculpture, collage, papier-mache,
marbling, and crafts.
- Jazz Kids
- Learn about the history of jazz and jazz musicians with this site created by PBS. You can even make your own music!
Return to top