Now you can print from your own laptop! Please read all the directions before you click on the printing icon.
- Click the download link for your operating system, Mac or Windows
- Run the downloaded file to install the printers to your computer
- When the "LPT:One" window appears on your screen, the lab printers have been installed. You can minimize this window and ignore it for the rest of your visit.
- When you're ready to print, just choose "Black and White" or "Color" from your printer list.
Print jobs expire after 1 hour, so don't forget to pick them up!
Nothing is permanently installed to your computer; when you turn off your machine the printing software will be removed.
♦ Lawrenceburg Public Library Computer Lab Printers
Sorry our wireless printing is not working at this time.
♦ North Dearborn Branch Printers
Wireless Internet access is available for free
- A charged computer battery due to the limited number of electric outlets.
- Bring headphones to listen to audio files. (Earbuds may be purchased for $1.00)
- Check your owner's manual if your wireless card does not work.
Please note: Library staff cannot provide assistance with individual devices
Wireless Card Settings:
- Use the software that came with your wireless card or computer to configure the settings and to verify a connection to
the Library's wireless network.
- SSID (network name at Lawrenceburg Public Library) = LPLDPUBLIC
- User: Library card number
- Password: last four digits of your phone number
- SSID (network name at North Dearborn Branch) = LPLND or LPLNDB
Possible troubleshooting hints.
- Check the following if you are having problems connecting to our wireless network:
WEP = enable WEP encryption.
Mode or Network Type = Infrastructure mode or Access Point - NOT "Ad-Hoc"
Network properties = Use DHCP (obtain an IP Address automatically)
Is the wireless network secured?
- The Public wireless network is NOT secured.
- Anybody you communicate with, and any information being transmitted could potentially be intercepted by another wireless user.
- Wireless users are advised not to transmit credit card information, passwords or any other sensitive personal information while using any wireless "hot spot."
- All wireless access users need up-to-date virus protection on their laptop computers or wireless devices for their own protection.
- LPLD is not responsible for any breach of personal security.